Dad’s eggnog. Mom’s fudge. My family loves to entertain with food during the holidays, and it’s the sweets that do me in.
We all know it’s hard to eat balanced meals and maintain your weight during the holidays. Maybe you’re even trying to lose a few pounds.
Looking for an alternative to traditional appetizers and side dishes loaded with cream and butter? Try these:
- Roasted cauliflower with romesco sauce
- Spinach dip
- Vegetable crudités with dill tzatziki
- Sweet potato fries
Check out our healthy recipe library for more.
Healthy Holiday Eating Tips
In this week’s podcast, clinical dietitian Katherine Basbaum discusses:
- Foods that may sound heart-healthy, such as artichoke dip, that really aren’t
- Healthier alternatives to holiday classics
- Strategies for indulging in moderation at parties and family events
Listen to the podcast: