Staying hydrated is important all year round, but when temps start to soar and you sweat, you may need to drink even more water than usual. Here’s how to gauge if you may be dehydrated and need to up your intake of water or electrolyte-containing beverages.
Infographic text: What Color is Your Pee?
Talking about pee can be gross, but it can tell you a lot about how hydrated you are.
- Color chart for urine
- Dark urine: you’re severely dehydrated — this is dangerous so grab some water* pronto!
- Yellowish to amber urine: your body needs water — start drinking now!
- Clear urine: you’re well-hydrated — but don’t forget to keep drinking!
- * and/or an electrolyte-containing beverage
- Tips for staying hydrated
- Drink water. It’s the best way to stay hydrated.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink water.
Copyright 2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.