There’s no doubt that being physically active is good for your health and should be part of your daily routine. Most importantly, find an exercise routine that works best for you at home or the gym. Proper exercise can give you the results you’re looking for and you’ll notice the improvements.
Here are 15 fun facts about your body and why exercise is good for you.
- People who don’t regularly exercise may lose up to 80% of their muscle strength by age 65.
- Regular exercise helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Two major risk factors for heart disease.
- Improve your mental health and mood with an exercise routine.
- Exercise keeps your metabolism elevated even after your workout, and continues to burn more calories even at rest.
- The average person walks about 7,500 steps per day. If you stick to that average step count and live to be 80 years old, you’ll walk about 110,000 miles in your lifetime.
- You use 200 muscles to take a single step forward.
- The pressure on your feet is equal to about 3-4 times your body weight with each step while running.
Have Health Issues or Concerns?
Talk to your provider first before starting a new workout routine.
- Your heart is the hardest working muscle in your body. It beats approximately 100,000 times per day, pumping almost 2,000 gallons of blood.
- During physical activity, you breathe more to keep oxygen levels in your blood at appropriate levels.
- The knee is the largest and most complex joint in your body which makes it most likely to be injured.
- Fat and muscle are completely different types of tissue. Muscle cannot turn into fat.
- If you can’t speak a few words without taking a breath, you may be exercising too intensely.
- Being dehydrated reduces exercise performance.
- Opposite of people who cross-train, people who do the same daily type of exercise regularly are more prone to injury.
- Studies indicate that children’s physical activity levels correlate closely with those of their parents.
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.