Summer Berry Fruit Salad
Here’s a fat-free, low-calorie dessert or snack that’s as easy as it is healthy. Bursting with color, this berry fruit salad is packed with antioxidants and fiber. Fresh mint and lime zest give this salad a lively flavor boost.
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 1g
- 8 strips lime peel (about 2-inches long)
- 4 mint sprigs plus 2 tbsp minced fresh mint
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 qt fresh strawberries, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1 cup water, lime peel strips, and mint sprigs.
- Bring to a boil and cook until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the lime strips and mint sprigs and let the mixture cool.
- Add the 2 tablespoons minced mint, the lime zest, and the lime juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, and kiwi.
- Pour the lime and mint sauce over the fruit and toss gently until all the fruit is evenly coated.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.