A Light Apple Crisp
Here’s an apple crisp that’s fewer than 200 calories per serving. An easy topping gives this apple dessert a sweet touch. This apple crisp is quick and delicious.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- 5 medium McIntosh apples (about 5 lbs), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples and dried cranberries with lemon juice and granulated sugar. Transfer fruit to baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients and toss together to form a crumbly topping.
- Spread topping over apples and bake 30 minutes, or until topping is browned and the apples are tender. Serve warm.
© Baldwin Publishing, Inc. ® Health eCooking is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. No information provided in any recipe and/or other product or service is a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be interpreted as treatment recommendations. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION.