Asian Veggie Noodle Bowl
Noodle bowls are a soothing way to get through a couple more days of chilly weather. This vegetarian Asian noodle bowl is low fat, low cholesterol, and filled with antioxidants. If you need a gluten-free version, tamari is a good substitute for soy sauce.
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 494mg
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- 4 oz rice noodles
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh ginger
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Chili pepper slices, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse the noodles. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetable broth and the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic, ginger, mushrooms, miso paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, crushed red-pepper flakes, scallions, and sesame oil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale and the noodles and continue to cook until warmed through and the kale is softened. Remove smashed garlic.
- Serve topped with reserved scallions, chili pepper slices, mint leaves, and basil leaves.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.