Asparagus and Sausage Frittata Cups
Good morning! These easy asparagus and sausage frittata cups are just right for a quick breakfast or brunch. With no carbs and plenty of protein, these egg “muffins” are a healthy alternative to high-fat muffins.
- Calories: 32
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 96mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 4g
- 4 asparagus spears
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 oz crumbled turkey sausage, cooked
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus additional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In the top of a double boiler, steam the asparagus for 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly softened. Remove and chop the asparagus.
- Lightly coat 2 mini muffin pans (each with 24 cups) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pepper and salt. Stir in the turkey sausage, asparagus, cheese and basil. Fill 32 of the prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture.
- Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin pans and top with additional fresh basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.