Asparagus and Poached Eggs
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- Sodium: 327mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 14g
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 30)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 4 eggs
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- In a bowl, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the garlic. On a baking sheet, arrange the asparagus in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven and toss with lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, mustard, thyme, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Whisk until emulsified.
- Add the lentils and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a low simmer.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl, then gently slide the egg in to the pot of water. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Cook the eggs for 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove each egg and transfer to a dish. With a paper towel, dab the excess water.
- To serve, on each plate, arrange 1/4 cup lentils and top with asparagus spears.
- Add a poached egg on top of the asparagus and season with black pepper.
- Garnish with the shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.