Avocado Egg Nests
These nutrition-packed avocado egg nests are a low-carb, gluten-free meal in one. Easy to prepare, the avocado eggs are great as individual servings or for the whole family. Pop them in the oven before everyone wakes up, and they’ll be ready to eat in 20 minutes.
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 196mg
- Sodium: 294mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices (2 oz each) turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp Everything Bagel seasoning
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- With a spoon, scoop out enough avocado from the center of each half to fit an egg. Dice the scooped out avocado, transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- In an 8 x 8-inch glass baking pan, arrange each avocado half up against the sides of the pan, cut sides up. Crack one egg into each avocado shell.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the egg is set to the desired doneness. Top each with the cherry tomatoes, reserved avocado, bacon, and scallions. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.