Here’s a pretty apple dessert that everyone will love. This easy apple recipe is a great way to enjoy delicious fall fruit without any fuss.
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 148mg
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 3g
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp raisins (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 4 Rome Beauty apples, skin peeled in a spiral
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, stir together the butter, sugar, oats, raisins (if using), cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and walnuts. Set aside.
- Core the apples: Set an apple upright on a cutting board. Insert a paring knife directly into the apple, from the top, approximately 1/2 inch from the center. Carefully push the blade down and around the core of the apple, being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom. Discard the core.
- With a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out the center of the apple. Repeat with remaining apples.
- Fill each apple with oat mixture. Stand apples upright in a 9 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Add 1 cup of water to the dish.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until apples are soft but not mushy.
- Serve warm.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.