Perfect for a Fourth of July cookout or any summer night, these flavorful beef kebabs are a crowd pleaser. Be sure to marinate the beef a few hours before grilling to make it nice and tender.
- Serving size: 2 kebabs
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 34g
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 green bell peppers cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms stems removed
- 3 pts cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled, cored and cubed
- Chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the lime juice, lime zest, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, turmeric, coriander, cumin and black pepper and stir to combine. In a shallow baking dish, arrange the beef cubes and cover with the marinade. Turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
2. Using 16 metal skewers, or soaked wooden skewers, thread the beef, bell peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and pineapple in alternating rows.
3. Lightly spray a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Grill the beef kebabs for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until seared and cooked through. Garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.