Perfect for a Fourth of July cookout or any summer night, these flavorful beef kebabs are a crowd pleaser. Be sure to marinate the beef a few hours before grilling to make it nice and tender.
- Serving size: 2 kebabs
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 34g
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 green bell peppers cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms stems removed
- 3 pts cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled, cored and cubed
- Chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the lime juice, lime zest, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, turmeric, coriander, cumin and black pepper and stir to combine. In a shallow baking dish, arrange the beef cubes and cover with the marinade. Turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
2. Using 16 metal skewers, or soaked wooden skewers, thread the beef, bell peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and pineapple in alternating rows.
3. Lightly spray a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Grill the beef kebabs for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until seared and cooked through. Garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Subscribe for Updates
Get stories & health tips every week