Party dip doesn’t have to be loaded with cheese to be delicious. This tasty beet dip is bursting with color, flavor, and healthy ingredients.
- Calories: 114
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 136mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 8g
- 2 small beets (about 1 lb), trimmed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts or hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 whole grain pita, cut into eighths
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a roasting pan, arrange beets and add 1/4 cup water.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour, or until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the beets, cut them into wedges, and transfer to a food processor. Puree, scraping as needed, until smooth.
- Add yogurt, garlic, honey, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Process to blend well. Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with cheese, nuts, and mint.
- Serve with carrots and pita bread triangles.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.