Skip the enormous store-bought muffins that are packed with sugar and unhealthy fats. Instead, try these blueberry muffins that are made with bananas to keep them moist.
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg whites and beat well. In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.