Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Get the buffalo wings flavor without buffalo wings fat. Try these spicy chicken tenders marinated in buttermilk and hot sauce for a tasty, low-fat crowd pleaser.
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sodium: 365mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 34g
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders (about 3 oz each)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Fat-free blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Celery stick (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hot sauce and buttermilk until combined.
- In a large, shallow dish, arrange chicken tenders in one layer.
- Top with hot sauce mixture and toss to coat chicken evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, whisk egg whites until frothy.
- In another shallow bowl, combine flour, bread crumbs, paprika, cayenne and black pepper.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg whites, then roll in bread crumb mixture to coat evenly, shaking off the excess.
- Arrange coated chicken tenders on a wire rack on a baking sheet. Lightly spray with oil cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until juices run clear.
- Serve chicken tenders with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, if desired.
Copyright 2022 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.