Butternut Squash Risotto
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth (gluten free if needed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 3 cups peeled, seeded, cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- Fresh chopped parsley or sage, for garnish
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- In a deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sage and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add squash and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add rice and stir until it is opaque, about 3 minutes. Add 1 cup of the simmering broth and stir until broth is absorbed.
- Reduce heat to low. Continue to add broth, about 1/4 cup at a time, until the rice kernels are al dente (just tender), about 20 to 25 minutes.
- If additional liquid is needed to cook rice, add water in 1/4-cup intervals until rice is cooked. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with pine nuts and parsley or sage.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.