- Calories: 100
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 28mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- 8 cups popped fat-free unsalted popcorn or 1/3 cup raw kernels air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup chopped raw peanuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°. Lightly coat a baking pan with sides with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, nuts and raisins. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, honey, butter, salt and cinnamon and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until brown sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour honey mixture over popcorn mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Transfer coated popcorn to prepared baking pan.
- Bake popcorn for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramel-colored.
- Let cool until the syrup has almost hardened, about 2 minutes.
- Coat a large piece of wax paper with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer popcorn to wax paper and let cool completely. (If parchment paper was used in a baking pan, remove parchment paper and popcorn from pan and allow popcorn to cool completely on parchment paper.)
- Make-ahead tip: Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.