Caramelized Onion Pizza
- Serving Size: 1/4 of a 12-inch pizza
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 504mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 9g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- l large onion, sliced
- 1/8 tsp salt, optional
- 1/8 chopped fresh thyme, optional
- 1 12-inch store-bought whole wheat thin pizza crust
- 1 Bartlett pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) crumbled reduced-fat blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the onion, salt and thyme, if using, and sauté for 15 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet. Spread the onion on the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Top with the pear, blue cheese and walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with the vinegar. Top the pizza with the arugula. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.