Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Juicy, fresh summer tomatoes are the highlight of this simple bruschetta recipe. You can pull it together just before you serve, or if you have the time, prepare the tomato mixture a few hours before to let the garlic infuse the tomato juices.
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 oz) whole grain baguette loaf, sliced
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Transfer the sautéed garlic to a large bowl.
- Add the red and yellow tomatoes, red onion, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and black pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Brush the bread slices with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake the bread slices until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the tomato mixture and spoon over the toasted bread slices.
- Top with additional basil, if desired.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.