Chick Trail Mix
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 74mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- 1 cup Cheerios®
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts or hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 6 pineapples slices (1/2-inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the Cherrios®, raisins, pretzels, peanuts and chocolate chips.
- With a paring knife, cut the carrot in thin slices. From the slices, cut 18 sticks (about 2 inches each), 6 triangle shapes (for the chicks’ beaks), and 12 semicircles (for the chicks’ feet).
- Arrange a pineapple slice on a plate. Use 2 chocolate chips for the chick’s eyes, a carrot triangle for the nose, 2 carrot semicircles for the “feet,” and 3 carrot sticks for the crown.
- Arrange some trail mix under the pineapple slice so it resembles a nest.
- Repeat with remaining pineapple slices, carrot pieces and trail mix.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.