- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tsp lemon fresh juice
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9-inch cake pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, beat the beans with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in 3 of the eggs, vanilla, salt and mix until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and honey and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining 2 eggs and mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Add the cocoa powder mixture to the egg mixture. Beat on high for approximately 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Place raspberries in a bowl. Sift confectioners’ sugar on top. Add lemon juice.
- Pour into a blender and purée until smooth.
- Strain raspberry mixture through a fine sieve and discard seeds. Refrigerate until serving.
- Dust cake with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve cake with raspberry sauce and garnish with fresh raspberries, lemon zest and mint.
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Sodium: 253mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
Tagsdiabetic, gluten free, heart-healthy, vegetarian
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.