Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Here’s a delicious way to slip some vegetables into a chocolatey baked treat. The zucchini keeps this easy bread moist. Made with almond milk and coconut oil, it’s a vegan treat that will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp instant espresso
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly spray an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and espresso powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in all but 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons chocolate chips over the top of the loaf and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.