This light, refreshing salmon recipe is easy to prepare and a great way to stay on track with your healthy diet resolutions. Salmon is low in calories and saturated fat, yet high in protein, and full of inflammation-fighting omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 898mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 34g
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 4 fresh salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- Mixed greens (optional)
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brush a 9 x 13-inch metal baking pan with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine orange and lemon juices, lemon zest, ginger, and pepper.
- Place salmon in pan and pour juice mixture on top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, until salmon flakes easily.
- Remove salmon from oven, transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
- Transfer juice mixture to a small saucepan and boil the liquid in the pan over medium heat until it thickens.
- Remove sauce from the heat and pour over salmon.
- Serve salmon over a bed of mixed greens, if desired.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.