Citrus Shrimp Quinoa Bowl
Here’s a sunny bowl of goodness filled with protein, fiber, and healthy fats with shrimp and quinoa. The sweet and citrusy dressing works great on chicken, too.
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Sodium: 471mg
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 27g
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp tamari
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cucumbers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp minced red onion
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain well.
- Transfer the quinoa to a medium saucepan and add the broth. Bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the orange juice, sriracha, honey, tamari, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice.
- Reserve three-quarters of the dressing for serving. In the bowl with the remaining quarter of the dressing, add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Marinate the shrimp, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oranges, cucumbers, scallions, and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches if needed, cook the shrimp until charred in spots and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide quinoa among bowls. Top with the shrimp, citrus salad, avocado, and red onion.
- Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.