- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 filets mignons (6 oz each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp reduced-calorie trans fat free margarine
- 2 cups steamed spinach
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine cocoa powder, cumin, onion powder, cayenne, white pepper, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Roll each filet in cocoa crust mixture to coat all sides thoroughly. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Sear each side of the filets for 1 minute. Transfer filets to a baking dish and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the filets reach an internal temperature of 140°. Remove from oven and allow filets to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together water and milk and bring to a simmer. Add cauliflower into mixture and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. In a colander, strain cauliflower, reserving 1 cup of milk/water mixture.
- Transfer cauliflower to a blender. Add salt, white pepper and reserved liquid. Purée until fluffy. Transfer to a bowl. Add margarine and stir to combine. On 2 plates, arrange filet mignon over cauliflower purée.
- In a bowl, toss the steamed spinach with the lemon juice.
- On plates, arrange filet mignon over cauliflower purée. Serve steamed spinach on the side.
- Serving size: 6 oz filet 1/2 cup cauliflower 1 cup spinach
- Per Serving: Calories: 409 Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 87mg Sodium: 576mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 8g Protein: 44g
Tagsdiabetic friendly recipes, filet mignon, gluten free recipes, Steak: You CAN Make it and Not Feel Guilty
Copyright 2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.