Drizzled Apple Snacks
When the kids want a quick after-school snack, these peanut butter apple treats will keep them going until dinner. Try different healthy toppings for crunchy, sweet texture and flavor.
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Craisins (optional)
- Chopped almonds (optional)
- Slice the apples into 12 1/4-inch thick slices.
- With a paring knife, core the apple slices. Sprinkle the cut apple slices with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate in 20 second intervals. Stir and repeat until melted.
- In a small bowl, microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the melted chocolate and the melted peanut butter to two separate resealable plastic bags.
- Snip the edges of the bags for piping. (Alternatively, use a spatula or spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate and/or peanut butter over the apples.)
- Place the apple slices on wax paper and drizzle with the chocolate and/or peanut butter and top with your favorite toppings.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.