Egg, Bacon and Grits Bowl
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
- Sodium: 356mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12g
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cups uncooked grits
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 lbs collard greens, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly coat 8 large ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and arrange ramekins on a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring 3 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt to a boil.
- Add grits and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until thick and creamy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the pepper and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Divide grits among the prepared ramekins.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, turning occasionally, until just crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from skillet; chop and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Add the collard greens, tarragon and sage and cook, tossing often, until wilted and just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the collard greens on top of the grits. Top the greens with the chopped bacon.
- Crack an egg into the center of each ramekin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until whites are almost set.
- Top with the thyme and serve.
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.