Escarole Salad with Apples
If you’re looking for a good non-dairy source of calcium, try this healthy escarole salad. Escarole also offers the benefits of many other dark, leafy greens, including folate, fiber and vitamin A. Paired with apples, escarole makes a delicious salad for the fall or any time of year.
- Calories: 161g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (gluten free if needed)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 head escarole, cored, trimmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard; add pepper.
- Add escarole, apple, walnuts, dried cherries, and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss and serve immediately.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.