Grilled Flank Steak Salad
Here’s a delicious meal of succulent grilled steak and refreshing spinach and bean salad that will keep both meat and veggie-lovers happy and healthy. This quick, easy steak dinner will dress up your next cookout.
- Calories: 213
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 86mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 23g
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 4 tbsp cracked peppercorns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz baby spinach or arugula
- Lightly tenderize steak with a mallet.
- Dust steak with cracked peppercorns. Press peppercorns into the steak with the palm of your hand.
- Lightly coat a grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to high.
- Grill steak for 10 to 15 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lime juice, honey, salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, black beans, black-eyed peas, onion and spinach. Toss with the dressing to combine.
- Transfer salad to a platter and top with sliced steak.
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.