There’s nothing better than the flavor of a grilled hamburger on a hot summer day. Stepping outside to grill a meal is quick and easy plus you eat less fat as the excess drips off the grates. These nutritious beef burgers have lots of protein but are low in saturated fat and calories.
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
- 1/2 cup portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs 95% fat-free beef
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp no-salt steak seasoning
- 6 light whole wheat buns
- 6 lettuce leaves, such as Romaine
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- Lightly coat a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, drain if needed.
- Preheat a grill.
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms with remaining ingredients.
- Form 6 hamburger patties. Grill for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion, if desired. Serve on buns.
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.