Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Instead of going through the drive-through when your kids — or you — want chicken nuggets, try this baked homemade chicken nuggets recipe. Fast food nuggets are 12 grams of fat per serving, while these have just two. And there’s no processed meat or deep frying here!
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk or skim milk
- 1 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2 -inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine flour, paprika, pepper, and salt. Roll chicken pieces in the flour mixture to cover on all sides, shaking off excess flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg whites and buttermilk.
- In another bowl, place the cornflakes. Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture, then coat with cornflakes, covering completely.
- Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on the rack.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
- Serve with ketchup or honey mustard, if desired.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.