Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Herbed Quinoa
This lemon garlic shrimp with herbed quinoa is perfect fare for brunch, lunch, or a light dinner. High protein and low carb, this healthy, easy seafood dish makes a great impression.
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 219mg
- Sodium: 409mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth (gluten free if needed)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest plus lemon cut into wedges, for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- In a skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Add onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, herbs, and black pepper to quinoa.
- Toss to combine. Keep warm.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Add the wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the shrimp and cook about 1 to 2 minutes more, or until no longer pink.
- Garnish with parsley and chives.
- Serve with quinoa and lemon wedges.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.