These tasty Mexican cups are a convenient appetizer. Fill the cups ahead of time and have them ready to pop in the oven, so they’re ready when you are. Spicy chicken sausage is full of flavor with less calories and fat than pork sausage.
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 4g
- 2 chicken sausages (3 oz each), precooked
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 20 slices canned jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 18 wonton wrappers
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut chicken sausages in half lengthwise and then into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sausages, taco sauce, chili powder, jalapenos, egg whites, and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Lightly coat muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray, and place one wonton wrapper into each muffin cup.
- Spoon sausage and cheese mixture into each wrapper.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until cheese is melted and wonton wrappers become crispy.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve hot.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.