Pasta with Hearty Meat Sauce
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 331mg
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 22g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 oz cooked turkey sausage, crumbled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 16 oz pappardelle pasta or other wide noodle pasta
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, carrot, bell pepper, turkey sausage, garlic, rosemary, fennel seeds, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper to taste. Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender and liquid is evaporated. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground turkey to the saucepan and cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Return reserved vegetable mixture to saucepan. Stir in tomatoes, wine and balsamic vinegar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Serve turkey meat sauce over cooked pasta.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.