Pasta salad is a classic cookout side dish with fresh flavor and colors. This whole grain pasta salad is also a great alternative to potato salad loaded with mayonnaise. To make it a healthier side dish or light entree, add garden vegetables.
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
- 1 lbs whole grain rotini pasta
- 3 portobello mushrooms, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (0.7 oz package) zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 Tbsp Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 red roasted peppers, sliced
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook mushroom strips in balsamic vinegar over medium heat until softened.
- Add the zucchini, squash and garlic and saute until vegetables are softened. Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and toss.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta and the vegetable and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.