September 16th is Guacamole Day! This homemade guacamole recipe is a sure-fire crowd pleaser. Great for any party, try this easy, healthy dip that’s packed with nutrition and flavor.
- 3 avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 small plum tomato, diced fine
- 3/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp diced jalapeño peppers from jar
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
In a large bowl, place the avocados. Add the remaining ingredients. With a large fork, smash the avocados and stir the ingredients until you reach desired consistency. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Serving size: 1/4 cup
- Per Serving: Calories: 85 Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 70mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 3g Protein: 1g
Tagsdiabetic, diabetic friendly recipes, gluten free, heart healthy eating, heart-healthy, vegetarian
Copyright 2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.