This fresh spinach salad is a quick and easy recipe for lunch or a light dinner. Chickpeas, walnuts and feta cheese give this spinach salad a hearty lift.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 6 cups spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp crumbled low fat feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz cooked chicken sliced
- 4 small whole wheat pitas (4-inch)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and pitas.
2. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Top with sliced chicken. Serve immediately, or chill, covered, for up to 2 hours before serving. Serve with pitas on the side.
- Serving size: 2 cups salad with 2 oz chicken and 1 pita
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 396mg
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 35g
Tagschicken, Club Red, diabetic
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.