Try this healthy sweet potato purée this Thanksgiving. Each serving has under 100 calories. Calorie, fat, and cholesterol savings come from using safflower or grapeseed oil instead of butter.
- 6 large sweet potatoes washed
- 1/4 cup raw almonds chopped or sliced, plus additional for garnish
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp safflower or grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place sweet potatoes in a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are very soft.
- Place almonds in a baking dish.
- Roast at same time as sweet potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel potatoes. In a food processor, place potato flesh, lemon zest and cayenne.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add oils and purée until well blended.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of sweet potato purée. Serve warm.
- Serving size: about 1/2 cup
- Per Serving: Calories: 95
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Copyright 2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.