Here’s a healthy holiday treat that will bring a smile to your face. Delicious low-fat brownies topped with healthy strawberries and whipped topping make easy Santa Hat Brownies that everyone will love.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup light whipped topping
- 32 strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat 2 mini-muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cocoa and chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the whipped topping and the strawberries. Stir until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into muffin pans. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a brownie comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- On a cutting board, with a sharp knife, cut the stem sides of the strawberries so they are flat.
- Remove brownies from muffin pans and arrange them on a flat surface.
- With a spoon, spread a rim of whipped topping around the top of each brownie.
- On each brownie, place a strawberry, flat side down, on top of whipped topping. Drop a small dollop of whipped topping on the pointy tip of each strawberry.
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 16mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2g
Copyright 2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.