Seared Scallops and Quinoa
Seared scallops and quinoa make an easy seafood dinner that’s sure to impress. You can make this high-protein romantic dinner in 30 minutes.
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Sodium: 336mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 24g
- 2 cups water
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup quinoa, drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon fresh juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs sea scallops (about 1 inch each)
- In a medium saucepan, add water and 1/4 tsp of the salt and bring water to a boil.
- Add rinsed quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tsp of the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Add onion and bell pepper mixture, lemon zest, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, mint, and black pepper to quinoa. Toss to combine. Keep warm.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil over medium-high heat.
- Season scallops with the remaining 1/8 tsp of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add scallops to skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Serve with quinoa mixture.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.