Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl
Nutrient-packed noodle bowls are a staple of Asian cuisine. This dish is filled with soothing chicken broth, rice noodles and anti-inflammatory vegetables such as bok choy. This sesame chicken noodle bowl is a satisfying comfort food for any time of year.
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Sodium: 549mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 21g
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium, chicken broth (gluten free if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tsp soy sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 serrano chile peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 oz dry rice noodles
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 carrots, sliced into 2-inch sticks
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Remove mushroom stems. Thinly slice caps; set caps aside.
- In a saucepan, add mushroom stems, broth, water, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger and chili peppers and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat.
- In a large saucepan, add 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes, or until done. Drain and set aside.
- Season chicken with black pepper.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Press seeds into both sides of chicken.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan.
- Add bok choy, cut sides down, and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Add reserved mushroom slices, bell pepper, snap peas and carrots.
- Strain broth mixture through a sieve into skillet; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- Thinly slice chicken. Evenly divide noodles, vegetables and chicken into 6 shallow bowls.
- Spoon broth mixture over each. Garnish each with lime wedges, scallions and additional sesame seeds.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.