Sheet Pan Nachos
Nachos don’t have to be dripping with cheese and sour cream to be delicious. These vegetarian sheet pan nachos are made with buffalo roasted cauliflower and creamy cashew sauce for a kick of flavor without a lot of fat. Healthy toppings make this vegan appetizer a great alternative to fast food nachos.
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 469mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh minced cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tbsp minced fresh scallions
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup cashew sauce (see above)
- 4 Tbsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 10 oz baked tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Lime wedges and for garnish
- In a bowl, cover the cashews with about 2 inches of warm water. Soak for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- In a blender, add the cashews, 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, and salt.
- Purée, adding more water as needed for desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring frequently, until it is tender and starts to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the cashew sauce with the hot sauce. Add the hot sauce mixture to the pan with the cooked cauliflower and toss to coat the cauliflower.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange the tortilla chips in one layer. Spread the cooked cauliflower over the tortilla chips.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, to warm the chips.
- Remove from oven, and top with a drizzle of the remaining cashew sauce, avocado, radishes, tomato, scallions, jalapeño if using, and additional cilantro and lime wedges for garnish.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.