Shrimp and Cauliflower “Grits”
Typically loaded with heavy cream and butter, shrimp and grits is a Southern favorite. This quick version swaps in cauliflower rice mixed with creamy coconut milk and cheddar cheese for a smooth “grits” base topped with garlic shrimp.
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 20g
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Add half of the garlic and the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, onion, and remaining garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the cauliflower rice, paprika, jalapeño, spinach, and coconut milk and stir. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, if desired, and basil.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.