Gone are the days of boring beef tacos. Try these tasty shrimp tacos seasoned with a little spicy cayenne and chili powder and topped with healthy black beans and avocado. Light, easy and delicious.
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 16g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and garlic and cook until the shrimp are just opaque, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- In another bowl, combine the beans, scallions, jalapeño, tomato and lime juice.
- Divide the shrimp and bean mixture evenly among tortillas.
- Garnish with avocado and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.