Skirt Steak Tacos
These easy skirt steak tacos are perfect Father’s Day fare. Swap out the soy sauce with tamari for a gluten-free option. Marinate the meat the night before, so the steak is ready to cook when you are.
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 14g
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 white corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and chili garlic sauce.
- Add the steak and marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and marinade, and cook.
- Stir often until the steak has browned and the marinade has reduced, about 5 to 6 minutes, or until the desired doneness.
- Serve the steak in the tortillas, topped with red onion, cilantro, avocado, tomato, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.