Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Vegetables
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 20g
- 1 1/2 lbs beef brisket
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 3 cups water
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb small red potatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Season the brisket with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the brisket and sear for about 4 minutes on all sides, or until browned.
- Add the garlic, onions and mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant.
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place the seared brisket, sautéed onions and mushrooms and water. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add the carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, potatoes, celery, parsley, thyme, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours more.
- Remove the meat, slice and serve over the vegetables with the sauce.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.