Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bruschetta
For a delicious high-protein breakfast or brunch, try this easy smoked salmon breakfast recipe. This healthy salmon and egg recipe is just 205 calories per serving.
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 598mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- 1/2 whole wheat baguette, sliced on a bias into 8 slices
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tbsp low-fat whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 oz smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and lightly toast in oven for about 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg substitute, half and half and cream cheese. With a mixer or whisk, beat until frothy. Add chives and mix again.
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Pour egg mixture into skillet and let sit for 1 minute. With a spatula, scramble eggs.
- As eggs set, add salmon and black pepper to taste. Stir.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture on baguette slices. Garnish with additional chives if desired. Serve warm.
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.