Smoked Salmon Crisps
Now here’s a healthy twist on cream cheese and lox. This delicious snack is filled with flavor with Parmesan cheese “crackers,” cream cheese, and little smoked salmon slices. Nibble away with these smoked salmon crisps, or try it for breakfast.
- Calories: 64
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 388mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6g
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 small fennel, finely chopped
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- Fennel fronds, chopped (for garnish)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425°.
- To make the crisps, mix the Parmesan with the flour and pepper to taste.
- Spoon teaspoonful-size rounds onto the prepared baking pan and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the rounds for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the round is crisp. With a spatula, transfer each crisp to a sheet of wax paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with the lemon zest.
- Spoon a small amount of the cream cheese mixture on top of each crisp.
- Sprinkle with a few fennel seeds, the chopped fennel, and pieces of salmon.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.