Spicy Thai Soup
Cauliflower is given a spark of Thai flavor in this delicious spicy Thai soup recipe. Coconut milk and puréed cauliflower make a smooth and creamy combination.
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 425mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup red Thai curry paste
- 32 oz vegetable broth (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- Hot sauce, for garnish
- 2 scallions, chopped and reserve some for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower florets, onion and garlic with the coconut oil. Transfer to a rimmed baking pan. Season with black pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until just browned. Let cool.
- In a blender, combine the cauliflower and onion, red curry paste, vegetable broth, lemon zest and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the coconut milk (discard the water). Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of hot sauce and a sprinkle of scallions.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.