Strawberry Ice Cream
You don’t need an ice cream maker for this simple dairy-free ice cream. Dates and orange juice naturally sweeten this paleo ice cream with a coconut cream base.
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a blender, combine the coconut cream, coconut milk, orange juice, dates, ginger and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and ice and blend, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 1 hour. Let thaw slightly before serving.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.