No need for mayo with this delicious summer salad recipe. Potatoes, tomatoes, and crisp green beans are tossed in a light white wine dressing. A great side dish, this Mediterranean salad is an easy summer recipe.
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- 1 lb small white potatoes
- 1 lb small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb French green beans
- 3 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- In a large pot of boiling water, add white and red potatoes and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until fork-tender but not mushy.
- Drain and cut into quarters. Place in a large bowl. Toss gently with the wine and set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil. Boil the green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain and immerse in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain again and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, and black pepper.
- Add the olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes.
- Add the green beans, capers, tomatoes, onion, olives, and fresh herbs to the potatoes.
- Season with additional black pepper to taste. Toss.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.